Thursday, May 26, 2011

Wisdom from Oprah

Today I watched the final episode of the Oprah Winfrey Show.   You can say what you will about Oprah – this post is not about whether she is a national treasure or a mountain of hype!  This post is my opportunity to share with you some things I’ve taken from her show that pertain to my parenting. 
 
Today, while watching Oprah, these thoughts and questions came to me regarding my children:
 
*I have the great privilege of being Mom to Gregory, Ruthie and Mary, AND
 
*The greatest gift I can give them is my love, SO
 
*Do I make them feel loved, and worthy, and smart, and pretty?
*Do my eyes light up when they enter the room?
*Do I bring positive energy to my family? AND
 
*Do I constantly communicate these important encouragements to my 3 precious kids:
  “I SEE you!  I HEAR you! Who you are, and what you say, MATTER to me!”

No comments:

Post a Comment