Friday, May 06, 2011

Thankful for Gregory

3 months
In case you missed it, last week I blogged that I was dedicating Fridays to being thankful.  Today is Gregory's 10th birthday, so today I'm expressing my gratitude for him! (I know what you're thinking... I can hardly believe I'm old enough to have a 10 year old, too!!)

Gregory is the child who made me a mother!  Although there are days when I don't exactly embrace that title, there is nothing else I would rather be called!  Gregory and I are so much alike!  Everything from our slightly irrational (at times) anxiety to our love of all things chocolate.

2 years
6 months
Gregory challenges me all the time. From about 4 months old, he had me feeling like maybe I was in over my head.  That has not changed!  I still feel like I have to stay one step ahead of him!  He wants to know more.  He wants to do more.  He sings more.  He talks more.  He needs more attention.  Yes, he challenges me.  He also makes me laugh -- a lot, and he teaches me things.  He remembers everything!  I love to cheer him up and cheer him on.  I'm proud to be the one he talks to, snuggles with, and comes to when he's upset.

8 years
Gregory is smart, funny, athletic and empathetic!  What makes him so challenging is also what makes him so enduring!  I love him so much! I'm so proud of the boy he is, and I'm looking forward to the man he will become!  Happy Birthday, Sweet Boy, I thank God for you everyday!!


10 years

3 comments:

  1. happy birthday to Gregory!! OMW! How on Earth are these boys 10 already?? We are still 29 right??
    Hope you are well!
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Gabi! Yes, we had them VERY young!! :)

    ReplyDelete