Friday, August 20, 2010

Priceless



I feel like I should write some about our vacation to Florida, especially in light of my previous post In the Moment.   We went to Carillon Beach, which is a planned beach community between Panama City and Seaside.  Each way we spent 12 hours actually driving, and split it up with a hotel stay in Nashville.  We rented a house that was about a block from the beach, and across the street from the pool, playground and tennis courts.  We had beautiful weather and a wonderful time!
I tried very hard while we were there to soak in my surroundings, and to bask in this precious time spent with my family.  We didn't do much while we were there, other than swim, play and eat, but that was exactly what we all needed.  I kept thinking to myself, "I feel like I'm living a MasterCard commercial." 
Rented Beach House: $$$
100 gallons of sun screen: $
Food for a family of 5 for a week: $$
The joy on the kids' faces from hours at the beach & undivided attention from parents:  Priceless

No comments:

Post a Comment