Wednesday, July 07, 2010

July 4th Weekend

I was bummed that we didn't have any plans to go anywhere this July 4th weekend, but we ended up having a really great time here in StL!  Gregory and Ruthie went to golf/tennis camp last week.  On Friday we got a babysitter for Mary, and Gary and I picked them up from camp and stayed and played 9 holes.  Gary's been playing golf with the kids since they were really little. We figured out that I hadn't played in 3 years! :)  It was a little chaotic at times, but we had a lot of fun, and I felt so thankful to spend this time with my two big kids, who are growing up so fast!



On Saturday Gary took all three kids downtown (on the train) for the air show.  I joined them later, and we had a great time doing the free kid stuff, eating lunch at the new downtown eat-in Schnucks, and playing at Citygarden.  We were heading back to the train, when Gary decided it would be fun to stay downtown for the Cardinals' game.  Gregory and I weren't interested, but Ruthie was, so she and Gary stayed.  They bought tickets, watched the Brewers beat the Cardinals, and then saw the StL fireworks from their seats.

On Sunday we went to a BBQ at the home of one of Gary's coworkers. There were three other kids the ages of G and R, a blow-up water slide in the backyard, amazing food, and some really fun fireworks.  Everyone was happy!  The best part for me was the fact that Gary's coworker's wife is opening a pie shop in Webster Groves, and she's very interested in selling my cookies!!  Look out, world, here comes EllPie (one small pie shop at a time)!

No comments:

Post a Comment