Friday, April 26, 2013

A Tiny Little Gift

Yesterday, I had this conversation with my son, Gregory (11):

G, "Mom, do you know what I was just thinking about?"

Me, "No, what?"

G, "I was just thinking about how much I admire both of my parents."

Me (*gulp*), "Oh yeah, why is that?"

G, "I admire dad because he is such a hard worker, and he supports this family of five. And I admire you, because you take such good care of us kids and everything about this house. I appreciate that!"

Me (playing it cool), "Thanks, Bud. I'm really glad you feel that way."

Every once in awhile, I get a tiny little gift from God, and yesterday it came in the form of this conversation. One of the hardest things about being a stay-at-home mom, is the lack of recognition and feeling of accomplishment. Yesterday I felt both.

No comments:

Post a Comment